Friday, August 10, 2007

Adventures of the Sleepless Mom



..I was not planning on ever writing a blog. Mainly because, who would ever want to read anything I have to say. My life is very mundane. My brother, for instance, has a very cool and exciting life. He is also really smart, and has interesting views. So, his blogs are fun to read. Then I decided I need to vent, and I hate writing in a journal. Also, this is a good way to let people in, that aren't around as much.
So, I often joke about needing more sleep, but I do not think people realize how much sleep I am missing out on. It is fun to joke about, but I am seriously coming dangerously close to severe exhaustion. Last night, for instance, is a good example of what my life is like. I finally got BOTH kids sleeping around 9:30, which was a job of work. I then thought, "good, time to spend some quality time with the husband." Alas, once again, Tim had a lot of paper work and such to do, so I got on the computer, and chatted with Kriss it. Krissy, as some of you know her. We had a good laugh, and I looked at some peoples pics, when around 10:45 or so, Holden woke up. So I went and paced around with him for a while, because God forbid I sit down with him! When he finally let me lay him down, I got back on the computer to finish what I was doing, and shut it down. I made it to bed around midnight. Tim was lucky enough to be in bed by 11:00. This is where my adventure begins.
12:15 Holden wakes up to eat, back in bed by 12:30
12:45 Holden wakes up to squirm. Paced with him, back in bed by 1:00
1:11 Holden wakes up yet again to Squirm. Will not let me sit down, let alone lay down with him. Back in bed by 2:27
3:30 Holden wakes up to eat. Tried to give him warm water, to wean him. NOT HAPPENING. Fed him, lay him down at 4:17
4:20 Dani yells and wakes up the baby as I am leaving his room. Calm him down, in her room by 4:25. She said I woke her up "cleaning or something" I guess, getting Holden's water. Back in bed by 4:30
4:50 Dani comes in my room. She saw a face out of the shadows of her dolls. Back in bed by 4:57
5:13 Dani comes in my room. She had a bad dream. Back in bed by 5:21, as Tim gets up for work.
5:43 Dani comes in my room. She had another bad dream. Back in bed by 5:5.... never mind, now Holden wakes up! Tim Leaves.
At this point, I am delerious, and angry. I hate kids. I wish I didn't have them. Sometimes I wish I could just leave. I am so pist off. My life sucks so bad! These are the thoughts going through my head, as I give in, and take Holden to bed with me, and nurse him to sleep.
Hey, I feel like I've been asleep for a while! And it feels good, when..."Ga Ga DA Ngee!" I open my eyes, at 7: 09, to his Giant Blue eyes, his bed head, and the cutest, happiest smile you've ever seen. So happy to have woken up on his sleeping mommy, and practicing his new noise "ga ga dada."
In this tiny moment, all of those horrible, awful, thoughts from an hour before washed away. This was a fantastic start to the day. Although I feel more hungover than I ever did when I was hungover, I am happy, and absolutely in love with this new little man in my life. He is so incredibly wonderful. Just like his fantastic big sister, who decided to get up at 7:30, even though she was supposed to wait for her new alarm clock to go off at 8:00.

No comments: